"While we live, let's live." — me
• Presbyterian Minister (USA) (often in alternative communities or churches in crisis or merging)
• YMCA Chaplain, Youth Director, Branch Director
• Street work with disadvantaged youth and young female & male prostitutes
• Involvement in diffusing crisis situations, including large-scale ones
"Reality is a magical place. If you are not in awe of it, you can be sure you've lost touch with it. And touching it is only the beginning to actually grasping it." — G.K. Chesterton, "Everlasting Man"
• University Administrative Faculty (large state university)
• Adjunct Faculty, Cultural Studies & Urban Studies (Catholic University)
• Lecturer on Ancient Celtic Culture
"Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." — Walker Evans, Photographer
• Spiritual Director after the Celtic Christian tradition
• Urban Consultant (Future Visioning, Neighborhood Behaviors, Conceptual Visioning
• Lecturer on "The Church in the City"
• I grew up in Baltimore (along the shores of the Chesapeake Bay), lived in Boston, Huntington (WV),
"The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is to set foot on one's own country as a foreign land." — G.K. Chesterton
Akron (OH), Los Angeles, Portland (OR), Cleveland, and now Austin.
• I enjoy a good single-malt whiskey!
"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars, and in the middle, you see the blue center-light pop, and everybody goes ahh..." — Jack Kerouac, "On The Road"
We all have dreams of what our career future or our family future will look like. Rarely does the future end up fulfilling our dreams. Not that that's bad. It's not. For each dream leads to another, the next dream will as sure as the sun rises, come along. In time, we will look back at those years gone by and say, "What a life I have had! I wouldn't want it any other way."
Back to "This is me".